Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2018, 12:46 PM

Comments on SD! and APFS

Just got around to installing SD! on my 2015 MacBook Pro. Cloned the internal SSD to an external USB3 hard drive APFS partition. Comments:
  • Interestingly, SD! reported that it evaluated 1,686,597 files and copied 1,706,007. What does this mean?
  • I verified that I can boot from the clone, but boy is it slow compared to the internal SSD! (I know this has nothing to do with SD!)
  • I'd like to be able to keep additional unrelated files in the clone partition and update the clone with "Copy newer", but you caution that a bootable copy can only be ensured with the "Erase, then copy" or "Smart Update" options. Why is this, and what are the risks? Would it make sense to be able to tell SD! to ignore certain directories on the target volume?

Tags
apfs