Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > netTunes > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2006, 03:22 PM

copying from server to client?

Hi. Sorry I can't just download and figure this out for myself, but I only have one Mac at the moment. Anyway, like others I'm thinking of buying a mini to be a dedicated iTunes server. I have a very large music collection on an external drive (obviously this will be connected to the mini.) NetTunes seems perfect for controlling the mini from my PowerBook. My first question was already answered in the forums - I can add music from the client to the library on the server. Great! But I also travel with the PowerBook, and although the entire library is too large to fit on it, I like to pick a subset of the music to listen to when I am out of the house. Is it possible to copy songs from the server to the client using netTunes? (I know I could just connect to the server in the Finder and copy that way - but it's confusing to actually find a particular song in the iTunes controlled hierarchy of the ~/music folder.)

If I could just drag the song from the netTunes window onto the client desktop this would be great! Is it possible? I sort of suspect not, but thought I'd ask. Thanks.

(Note, all my music is mp3s I have ripped from my CDs, so there is no issue with iTunes DRM here.)