Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2008, 09:52 AM

New user here..how do I backup my Macbook plus external HDD?

Hi, I am a new user and have downloaded SuperDuper! as I need to do a proper backup. I am prepared to buy the full licensed version but just need some advice first. I want to make a bootable clone of my Macbooks 60gig internal drive, as well as back up the contents of my 250gig Iomega external hard drive containing my iPhoto library, iMovie projects, iTunes music folder plus a few other files. I have bought a 320gig Lacie D2 Quadra drive for this purpose but I don't know how to proceed.

- How do I prepare the drive to be the destination for both backups? Do I need to partition it into 2 partitions, one for the Macbook and one for the Iomega external source drive and if so do I need to make one of these a GUID partition ready for the Macbook bootable clone?

- Or..should I have bought 2 separate drives, one for the Macbook and one for the Iomega external drive.

- One last question. I am going to buy a new iMac in the near future so would I be better off exchanging my new Lacie 320gig HDD for a 1TB that I could use to backup everything to. I am not sure if this is possible by making 3 partitions, one for each source??
thanks