Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2008, 10:00 AM

Question Restoring boot drive from a clone and subsequent Time Machine backup

Dave,

I recently had my MacBook repaired by Apple. Before dropping it off at the Apple store, I used Superduper! 2.0 to clone my internal drive to an external hard drive. While the MacBook was being repaired, I booted another MacBook off of that external drive so that I could work as if I still had my computer. When I got my MacBook back, I cloned the external drive back to my internal drive.

So, today I started a Time Machine backup (to a different external hard drive). It was the first TM backup since I went through the clone process described above. Time Machine is reporting that it is doing a backup of my entire drive again instead of just modified files. It is going into the same directory on my TM backup disk as before, so I don't think TM thinks it is on a new computer.

My question is, do you think the cloning process could have cased TM to think every file had been modified, or was it the fact that I booted my clone drive on another mac? Is this the expected behavior?

Thanks.