Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2008, 06:39 PM

Copying Leopard Install from External To iMac

Since I have a lot of haxies, third-party apps and even a 13 year old LaserWriter I wanted to thoroughly test Leopard before installing it on my Intel iMac. I reformatted an external drive to GUID and cloned my internal Tiger iMac drive to it. I then installed Leopard and all updates on the external clone and did a wee bit of tweaking of settings, reinstalling drivers, etc. that did not survive the archive and install...

I have been running my iMac from the external drive testing apps and peripherals. Since everything appears to be running very smoothly I want to now upgrade the iMac to Leopard. Can I do an erase and restore via SuperDuper! or should I do another archive and install on the iMac drive? Are there any possible risks associated with doing it that way?

Last edited by Mojo; 03-23-2008 at 10:25 PM.