Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2005, 11:11 AM

Software authorizations/registrations in general

Hi, I am just about to 'upgrade' myself from Carbon Copy to SuperDuper! and have a question (I hope I did not miss this if answered elsewhere). Of note, I have never had to restore from my CCC DMG clone (lucky me right !) so I have no real feel for the following situation in practice.

I use a lot of audio/music software that rely on various means of registration/piracy protection schemes. Are there any known issues if, in the event I had to restore or boot from the clone drive (or restore from image)? In other words, will whatever is authorizing my software remain intact and enabled to the best of your knowledge in all cases (either a bootable clone disk or DMG restore provided all other hardware stays the same (assuming a replaced source hard disk)? All questions assume clone made to a Lacie FW hardrive. Also please note if partitioned drive schemes for clone destination would change your answer.

Some example companies

-Native Instruments (Komplete 2)
-Ableton (Live 5)
-Arturia (plug-ins)
-Adobe CS2 (now an enable by activation scheme)
-DSP Quattro

and manyother varioius programs and AU/VST plug-ins (which I can provide upon request).

One other question, it has been noted in the FAQ that an image can be updated by manually creating it first with disk utility. Is the required extra disk space for the creation of the clone created by SuperDuper! (noted to be around twice of source disc size) need to be simply on the same disk as the image since your instruction is to make the image itself the size of the source? Just want to be clear. Thanks in advance.

OS 10.3.8 / PB 17" / 1 Ghz / 1 Gb RAM