Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2006, 05:47 PM

Hi -- I haven't been around in awhile, sorry for having missed out on DrLotto's traffic and problem. Perhaps this fix will work for you too, DrLotto...?

Reason I haven't been around is that SD has been working regularly as daily clockwork on both an Al-PBg4 and PowerPC Mini. I am not using either CronIX or NMS Sleep Assist on either.

All I've done is to modify Energy Saver to UNcheck the option that says "Put the HD to sleep when possible." Thus, the HD's are never turned off (I always run my systems on external power when I'm at home, so no worries about power, only extra wear-'n'-tear on HD's, but whatthehell) and so whenever a wakeup event happens (both systems wake at 3:29AM daily), the HD's are ready to run and when SD!'s schedule 0330 run is involked, it can start up and do its thing. Whenever I check into SD!'s status I invariably find that its last run was completed at about 0340 each day. Been like that for weex.

I've been saying to myself for awhile that I really should come back here and thank you for all your support and close this issue (at least from my own perspective).

I wonder: would it be prudent to, every so often, do another run -- say at 00:00 as I go to bed -- that would do a total erase and re-write of the backup area, so that at 03:30, it would again resume the daily smart backups? I would have to hand-start the complete backup because I wouldn't be able to schedule more than one daily wakeup...

Any ideas on what interval would be good for a complete re-write? Monthly? Or is this not needed, d'you think?

Looking fwd ti the next rev that'll fix the minor day-of-update-display bug (Saturday AM not shown, discussed elsewhere) and whatever other nifty NEW features now in your pipeline.

Great product still!!! Thanks.