View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 01:09 PM

same issue? bootable drive problem

Hi - I did the same thing - bought a new external Seagate Drive, only to read in the manual that not all drives are bootable. I thought I was out of luck until I ran across this thread.

I made my initial backup and it seemed successful, but at the end, when I told it to boot from backup, I got the gray screen and nothing else.

When I was finally able to restart from the original HD, and went to change back the startup disk, it showed the OS on the backup as if it wanted to work, but it just doesn't.

Might I have the same problem? Should I get that log file and send it?

I also wanted to do the same thing as the guy in another thread (Sliderule53 - 2/11/05) who wants to get rid of several partitions in his original HD, then recombine info. I hoped to upgrade to Tiger at the same time.

Do I even need to worry about whether the backup is bootable for this? I could just use the boot disk if I have to, and I've already done the backup for both partitions - should I just not worry about it, or is it something relatively easy to fix? It sure would be nice if it was working correctly, but there's the time thing...

Thanks in advance for your help!