View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 04:31 AM

I do not do (automatically) scheduled backups, so I am not sure.

If your scheduled backups are working despite these emails showing that it is not able to start the "Copy Job" app, then I would guess that these emails are from "left over" scheduler entries that were deleted but somehow left in the crontab. The error in the email seems to indicate that the backup driver app for that scheduled backup it no longer there. I would guess that the whole .sdsp bundle was deleted from the ~/Library/Application Support/SuperDuper!/Scheduled Copies directory.

The app's path seems to indicate that the erroneous entry was for a scheduled backup from "Nick's HD 1" (note the trailing 1) to "Nick's HD Clone". The trailing "1" seems to indicate that you might have had two volumes named "Nick's HD" active at the time this entry was created. SuperDuper! actually identifies each volume its special, unique identifier, not its user visible name. So it is not a problem to have multiple volumes with the same name, but it is probably not very common unless you have just restored a failed internal drive or something.

I will have to defer to Dave as to whether SuperDuper!'s scheduler function can cleanup this bogus looking crontab entry or if it needs to be done by hand to stop your daily of system emails.