Thread: Formataholic
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 02:06 AM

Thanks and more questions

Dave,

I just want to echo my thanks with everyone else in the Discussion. Great product and great service!

It appears that I don't have to match the size of my original and safety clone. The safety clone foot print on my computer is only a mere 6 Gigs. I noticed in other discussions that you reccomend no more than 12 Gigs. That sound about right?

Also...
I think traditionally people are used to using their internal drive as the place for OS/Apps/and data and that an external Drive is used for backups. I find booting to the external drive and having my data on the internal drive a little backwards. Would it make sense to switch it around so that the safety clone is on the internal drive and that the data be saving to the external drive? I would expect failure rate to be higher on an internal drive that I have had for four years more so than an external drive I have had for one year. If you see logic in what I am suggesting how would you go about that?

I find Super Duper! is unconventional (in a good way) and unlike most backup solutions. It requires a bit of a paradigm shift as a user to use Super Duper!. *I hope that makes sense* It is a compliment

I am surprised how peppy my system is operating the safety clone off the external drive. I use both mac and PC's each day and would not expect that I would get the same results from a PC. I am a PC teacher by day and Mac user by night.

For my own piece of mind I am looking at the same folders on both the safety clone and the original. Your product does what you say it does! I can see files transferred to (or what appears to be) both places at the same time. Good stuff