View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 08:11 AM

Can't boot from SuperDuper clone HD.

I've backed up my HD with SuperDuper! using smart update. I've successfully booted from the clone HD (a 250GB Lacie - always using FW400) created using SuperDuper! with my won computer (macbook 2GHz 1G RAM 100GB HD running 10.4.11)

HOWEVER, my MacBook has to go in for service (the DVD won't eject - it gets jammed coming out). I did an update with SuperDuper! and then tried to boot from the superduper clone HD using my work computer (MacBook Pro 2.2GHz 2GB RAM 120HD running 10.5.4)

NO GO!

Why? I've attached the problem report I get when I restart my work Macbook Pro. what happens is that I hold the option key down while staring the computer. Then I select the SuperDuper clone HD to boot from, it starts to boot then the screen flashed and a messages comes up saying that I need to restart the computer. Once I restart the computer, without holding down the option key, then the attached problem report comes up.

is it that i used superduper to back up my computer with 10.4.11 and i'm trying to boot from a computer with leopard?

what can i do to fix this and boot from my work computer - macbook pro - so i can access the clone HD and word off of that one while the macbook is in the shop.

HELP!
Attached Images
File Type: png SuperDuper problem.png (55.1 KB, 5858 views)

Last edited by HDH607; 09-10-2008 at 08:14 AM. Reason: more info