View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 03:52 PM

New to Mac, new to SuperDuper, did a dumb thing...

I'll try to make this concise and as brief as possible.

First attempt at backing up on a Mac (MacBook, 13"). First use of Super Duper.

I have one other experience backing up a HD, on a PC-XP system. From what I remember, that process was straightforward enough that it worked, while plucking my way through it. Guess that's what "inspired" this fumble.

During this process, if I'm remembering right, I was asked to name the back-up image. I got confused along the way, and made a back-up of my Mac HD, onto the Mac HD, instead of the Western drive (My Book Pro). I now have about 8Gb of free disc space on the Mac, when I should have over 60.

If it makes a difference in how this is handled, I saved as "Mac OS X Extended", when my system is showing up as "Mac OS X Extended, Journaled". I don't know what the difference is between the two.

I know...I made a mess. What's the best way out of this? Can I simply drag that back-up file into the trash? Should I drag it, as is, onto the Western icon on the desk top? Some other method?

Thanks for your time and assistance. I don't want to fumble around anymore...that's what got me where I am.