View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 08:08 PM

Cool FW 800 causes problems, FW 400 works ?!

Hi,
i bought a WD Mybook external HD which I wanted to use Superduper on to make a full bootable clone of my Imac Intel Core 2 Duo connecting using FW 800. In the middle of the process it gave an error message, the log said it had some problem with a file. I tried to repeat that, but same problem with another file. So i exchanged the WD Mybook HD for a Lacie D2 Extreme, since i read on this forum that this HD is recommended. Connecting with FW 800 i got similar problems again. So i tried it with FW 400 and it worked perfectly ! After that i noticed that the Lacie wouldn't even mount anymore over FW 800. Is this a common problem and should i just stay with FW 400 ? That would be a pity having a FW 800 port.

Another problem:
I partitiened the Lacie into 2. making a clone on each part. running startup disk booting into the first partition works great, but when i choose the 2nd partition in startup disk it always boots into the first? So I tried erasing the first Partition, then i was able to boot of the 2nd. however i would like to be able to boot of both. I use Superduper on my macbook on another lacie with only usb 2 partitiend in two and there i never had this problem. should i maybe try usb2 ? this would be really a compromise.

I hope this was not to confusing, sorry. I hope someone can help! THANK YOU, marc.