View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 04:55 PM

Macintosh HD stalls Disk Warrior

I just used the procedure described at the bottom of page 38 of the User Guide for copying Sandbox to Macintosh HD. I carefully followed the instruction. I have used this procedure several times in the past with excellent results. Today, I used it again with no problem. Macintosh HD works normally when I boot from it. I ran Disk Warrior v4.1.1 from its startup DVD and did its maintenance routines on Sandbox with no problem. Then, I attempted to run DW on Macintosh HD and DW stalled early in step 5. I waited several minutes and canceled it due to no progress.

I've never had this trouble before. I went back and repeated the procedure on page 38 carefully making sure I didn't vary from the instructions. Still, there is a problem.

I installed Security Update 2009-004 yesterday and 10.5.8 a few days ago. They've been working fine through a lot of use. This is the only problem. I'm posting here because it involves the Macintosh HD's relationship to the Sandbox. I did the Page 38 thing because I was getting ready to copy everything so I could change the partition size for Sandbox. It's getting a little tight and there's plenty of room for the Macintosh HD volume.

Last edited by JoBoy; 08-13-2009 at 05:44 PM.