View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 12:06 PM

Hi there,
I'm having similar problems here with a 10.4.10 clone. first thing I noticed was the "More Info..." button in the "About This Mac" window led to an obscure resource file within the address book application, instead of system profiler. after some googling, I rebuilt Launch Services database w/ Onyx, and that was fixed. but then, a day or so later, a couple of dock shortcuts also led to seemingly random files, often within application packages. I ran AppleJack, and then rebuilt my database with Diskwarrior. When I rebooted, instead of application shortcuts in my dock for Illustrator and InDesign, there were zero-K files in my trash, named "PathForApplication.ai" and "PathForApplication.indd", with the correct icons.

Anyhow, now, several days later, it just happened again -- a shortcut in my dock led to some ".nib" file - I think within Address Book.

Any thoughts? is my newly rebuilt sytem hosed? Things seem to be working otherwise, but these issues give me pause.

I should add, love SuperDuper! (never had a problem before this, and it's helped me out immensely!)

thanks,
David