View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 08:11 PM

another mount/unmount question

Okay I know this subject has been dealt with over and over but I still don't understand how to do what I need to do.

I have an external HD that I want to mount before the SD! job and unmount after the SD! job.

From my reading here I was able to create two applescripts that will mount and unmount. I saved them as applications. I can run them from the Finder by clicking on them and they work fine.

The problem is, the mount script doesn't run before SD! tries to access it.

Is there a way to have SD! run the mount script before it does anything?

I read the following from Dave:

"If you're doing this scheduled, Control-click the settings package in the Scheduled Copies folder (in Library/Application Support/SuperDuper!). Then edit the Copy Job.applescript you find in there. Add your commands to mount/unmount to the documented areas at the top of the script.

Save the script file, then go into SD! Uncheck and re-check the schedule checkbox (Edit the schedule). That'll re-compile the script for you, and you should be all set."

I don't see the Copy Job.applescript you speak of. I see my scheduled job but what do I edit that with? That may have nothing to do with what I'm trying to do.

Here's my mount script:

set targetDisk to "LaCie Backup"
tell application "Finder"
if not (exists the disk targetDisk) then
try
do shell script "diskutil mount `disktool -l | grep '" & targetDisk & "' | sed 's/.*\\(disk[0-9s]*\\).*/\\1/'`"
end try

repeat while not (exists the disk targetDisk)
delay 1
end repeat
end if
end tell

Here's my unmount script:

set targetDisk to "LaCie Backup"
tell application "Finder"
if (exists the disk targetDisk) then
eject targetDisk
delay 2
end if
end tell

Again, those scripts work fine when selecting in Finder.

Thanks much,

Randall