View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 02:11 AM

Exclamation I have the same problem

Dave,

I've been using SuperDuper! for the past few years now. Love it. Great job. It saved my @$$ when I had 3x Hitachi drive failures, plus one Fujitsu that finally died after couple of years. All on the 2006 & 2007 generation MacBook Pros.

Apple finally swapped the computers for me (successively), so I am the proud owner of a spanking new Mid 2009 Unibody MBP 17.

I also bought a Seagate FreeAgent Go 500 MB Firewire 800. Have been happily backing up on it for the past month.

Last night, for the first time, I noticed the same problem desertboomer saw, namely, that my backup volume had a "2" appended to the back of the name.

Been following the thread, so I saw your note below.

In the folder "Volumes", I noticed that "1" got created on Nov. 9th, and "2" got created last night.

Question: Do I have a problem with my backup drive? Should I replace it as it is still under warrantee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
We display the number when the drive has mounted at an unusual location because a previous mount point either still exists or a folder with its name has been created. Check the /Volumes folder (use Finder's "Go To Folder" command) to see what might be there causing this... it's usually drive failure.