Thread: SD! Failure
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
Your backup drive is full. Try an erase-then-copy (see the Troubleshooting section of the User's Guide for a discussion).
After the SD! failure, I discovered some rather large duplicate files on my internal drive (not sure what I did to create them...I think they may have appeared as a result of my playing with my Time Machine drive while half asleep at 2 AM! ). I deleted them in the hopes that would overcome the problem. But it didn't, at which point I posted the question.

1. Why didn't deletion of those duplicate files (bringing the internal drive back "down to size") remedy the problem? Wouldn't SD! see, during its Smart Update operation, that there were fewer files on the internal drive, and make the necessary changes to the SD! drive?

2. Why is it necessary to do a full Erase, then Copy? Why couldn't I simply delete those extraneous files from my SD! drive (the ones that were initially copied to my SD! drive, but which I subsequently deleted from my internal drive) and then run the Smart Update?

Last edited by Nick; 03-12-2010 at 10:47 AM.