View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 01:46 PM

Time machine is set to ignore the clone. But if you boot from the clone, time machine will be on and will copy to the time machine designated disk -- it will do a complete copy of something, eating space on the time machine disk unnecessarily. If there were an option in Superduper to turn off time machine on the clone, one could boot from the clone without having to manually turn off time machine after booting. One wants a copy of one's boot drive only in time machine presumably. Perhaps this is also a time machine issue.

This issue came up with me because of a weird bug in x.5 where if one is using a software raid mirror as boot, on a scheduled shutdown and restart the mirror won't be recognized, os X.5 boots to the clone. The machine was unattended when this happened to me and with time machine on, it took 150 gig of my time machine drive by making a complete fresh copy of something (don't know if it was the clone or the original boot). Had to start time machine over again from scratch. BTW this os x.5 bug doesn't occur if you do a manual restart, only on a scheduled restart after a shutdown.