View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 01:29 PM

southwos, please check

Southwos, Were you able to see the disks on your desktop in Lion? (Depends on how your Finder prefs are set up whether it shows them of not.) If so, please run the following command:

diskutil list

What does your computer see? Try checking the ignore box again and see if the problem returns (SuperDuper! not seeing the drives). If it does, run the command again and compare them. Any differences?

Dnanian, I know Lion is handling disks differently, especially when encrypting them. I have not seen southwos' problem, I seem to always see the drive but I've been using SuperDuper! for so long I might have missed some things. I also wonder if Drobos make any difference with Lion. I hear NAS drives are having some problems.

---just tried checking the ignore ownership box on my backup drive. Unmounted then remounted it. SD still sees it just fine. Unchecked the box to put it back to where it was. The external drive is encrypted and it still asked for the unlock password so once these things work, it might not make any difference if that box is checked (might be ignored).

Last edited by plink53; 07-23-2011 at 01:34 PM. Reason: tested