View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 08:49 AM

Couple things about your forum site:
- I can't enter text into the quick reply section
- By the time I ponder and enter all the text for my reply I'm logged out. Could the time before auto-logout be increased a bit?

Anyway, here's my pasted reply before I got logged out:

Just working away on the computer as the very wet and windy remnants of Hurricane Irene pass over :-). I guess I can always revert to FV-1, but I have a suspicion it is ONLY possible when upgrading to Lion which means I have to go back to my SL backup.

Now here's a thought for you (if you don't mind a challenge). I just booted into the recovery partition and you can do some limited stuff there, including even bring up Safari. The partition is 650MB in size and SD is only 5.6MB in size. Would it be possible to copy and run SD from there? Because that partition is not encrypted you should be able to clone your main partition as-is and also, presumably, the recovery partition and end up with a real clone. There are several issues though - there is no Finder in the recovery partition so you can't double click on an application. You can bring up a Terminal window but I couldn't figure out how to open an application from there. I reckon I'm at the limits of my unix prowess at this point...