View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 01:39 PM

Partitioning b/u drives

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
Well, if you want to back up three drives (2 internal, 1 FW), you'll need to create three partitions on the backup drive... then direct each source volume to its corresponding destination, using "Backup - all files" with Smart Update... You can then back up all three volumes to images on your Time Capsule -- see "Backing up over a network" in the User's Guide, and the "Airport Disks" post at the Shirt Pocket blog.
Thanks! I was thinking so hard about one backup that included two drives that it just hadn't occurred to me to partition the Passport disk and do two completely separate backups in different partitions.

I'll look for that listing on the blog about Time Capsule. I assume you mean I'd need to repartition Time Capsule as well? Time Machine seems to be working fine putting its b/u of two different Macs in the same partition, but I'd love to have SuperDuper add a b/u of that one external (firewire) drive, so I'm guessing I'd need to add a second partition to the Time Capsule disk for that. I'll look for more information where you suggested and if I'm still clueless, I'll come back here.

Thanks again!

Theophan