View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 04:07 PM

SuperDuper! and Disk Warrior

Not really a new thread, but an unusual and recurrent result. I ran Disk Warrior and optimized the Disk Directory on my internal hard drive so that Disk Warrior then reported 0 files out of order. I then erased and made complete clone of the internal hard drive to a partition on my external firewire drive (using erase external partition and copy all files). Next I made safety clone of internal hard drive (using erase external partition2) to a separate partition on external fire drive. I then checked both the new clones and Disk Reported that both new clones on external drive had 31% of files out of order. I next optimized the two external clones and Disk Warrior reported the following for both clones: "6 files had directory entry with incorrect text encoding that was repaired; Root creation date was repaired."
This has happened every time I have made a new clone of the internal hard drive: always 31% of files out of order and always 6 files with incorrect text encoding and always with repair of root creation date.

Unfortunately, Disk Warrior does not report which 6 files were repaired or why root creation date was repaired.

Any idea what this means? I have tried to ask Alsoft, but have never, ever gotten a reply from Tech Support at Alsoft (apparently the usual response).