View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 12:11 PM

iPhoto backup ; simple Folder backup (e.g. to USB stick)

=== (1) ===
I store and edit my iPhotos on Kitchen_Mac. I watch them on Bedroom_Mac. The two are connected by a LAN. I want to keep a current copy of Kitchen_Mac iPhoto library on Bedroom_Mac.

Is there a way to do this with SuperSuper? The only network backup I seem to see on the UI (registered version) is to a Sparse_Image, which I cannot directly open on Bedroom_Mac unless I mount that Sparse_Image first.

Problem - I operate Bedroom_Mac with Front_Row using just Apple Remote, so it's inconvenient to mount/unmount (if I understand how to use a Sparse_Image correctly).

=== (2) ===
Possibly related usage: I want to keep a disk folder (school work) backed up to a memory stick (carried to school). In school it is used on a PC/XP, not a Mac, and is formatted FAT16 (don't know if FAT32 is an option for PC/XP). Can I use SuperDuper for this? How?

If no to either of these, any alternative, work-around, or future support planned? I am really hoping SuperDuper will take care of all my backup/sync needs.

===

When I did a small test to copy a folder to a sparse_image, SD still "evaluates" all 600,000 files, some 50GB worth, in order to copy over 1.3 MB worth of stuff. Is this normal, or are there some settings I can use to reduce this?

Thanks