View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
I did not take "umbrage" at Professor Pixel's report, nor yours. I spend an enormous amount of time engaging with my customers, Midville, and I value each comment, including your own.

That's one of the reasons I make it so incredibly easy to contact me at support, and why I endeavor to reply to every message I receive, often within an hour or less.

When a problem affects a small minority of customers, putting a large warning on the "download page" doesn't really make sense... especially since a "stopped" status display does not always indicate the user has been affected by this particular Tiger problem (since it can also happen when copying a large or 'constantly modifying/open' file, regardless of the version of SuperDuper!)... and most users don't even read the system requirements, let alone a complicated warning about an issue that might happen on a small percentage of users.

I feel that engaging with the user, and spending the few minutes needed to diagnose the problem, is a better way of ensuring a satisfactory result. I don't ask you to "go research the problem on the Forums" (although the information is there for users who prefer that kind of thing). I only ask you to drop me a note.