View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
OK -- this is more than a bit strange, but I'll do my best to try to figure out what's going on here. But, before we get to that, there's no reason to think we're going to keep your money if you're unhappy. We stand behind our product and our service, and will continue to do so!

So, let's try to figure out the issue. (Note that it's often better to write to support@shirt-pocket.com, rather than start a thread in the forums... not so much because we mind diagnosing things here, but more because support@shirt-pocket.com gets automatically logged in our bug database, which allows us to easily track problems and follow-up with people. Just a note for the future!)

I don't have much information about your system, but it sounds like you're backing up an iBook on its own drive... I hope I'm correct there. The HFS+ Journaled is just fine, no problem at all, and won't be the source of something like this.

It does sound, however, like there might be a kernel extension, or something similar, interfering with our copy operation (although it's rather interesting that two of your errors are with the same framework). Could you describe the system a bit more completely for me? Do you have Norton AntiVirus, or any other 3rd party product that contains kernel extensions, installed on this system? (A System Profile report, sent to support@shirt-pocket.com, would be awfully useful here.)

I'm sorry to start this generally, but "bad file descriptor" -- while I understand what it's saying -- is a new one to me. But, I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it.

Thanks.