View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 12:00 PM

This troublesome script runs on Tuesday and Saturday. Last Tuesday, it ran perfectly and in the proper order #1, #2, and #3. Today, Saturday, it ran #1, #3, #2. The shutdown command contained only in #3 was somehow overridden so that #2 could run to completion. The computer then remained on until the set time for shutdown that I had set in the Energy Saver schedule in system preferences. When that time arrived, it shut down. I don't know it this helps your bug chase, but it now appears that the scripts run in order on Tuesdays and not in order on Saturdays. I've made no changes to them since originally setting them up. Tuesday and Saturday are the only days that #1 runs. It updates the SystemImage that is located on Time Capsule's hard drive. It is the only file located on that drive. Time Machine is shut off and is not currently in use. #2 and #3 run in proper order on all other days of the week without a glitch and the shut down command in #3 works. #2 and #3 copy Macintosh HD to second and third internal hard drives respectively (I have a Mac Pro running system 10.5.5 from Sandbox). On those days, the shut down command in system preferences is redundant and doesn't function since the computer is already off.

Last edited by JoBoy; 10-18-2008 at 12:13 PM.