View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 12:52 PM

Question WWDC: any updates on ASR, making new cliones, etc.?

Lots going on, it seems. If there's an arc from end user on the left end to wizard developer on the other, I'm over the edge at the former, but I try to keep up on stuff that might help me make hardware and software choices. I was a bit surprised to discover that Apple's "loaner" "Apple Silicon" Mini-jacketed boxes don't have TB3 ports. I've snooped about a bit and found some people sharing my concerns, but others who point out that the next generation of TB will still use the same physical port and will only require certification, not licensing, so there's not likely any reason for Apple to abandon the technology.

My concern dovetails with the wrinkles that Apple's "read only" system installation, the T2 chip, etc., create for updating clones or making new ones, as well as what hardware to purchase for them.

I read through the list of topics explicitly discussed at WWDC and didn't find any that seemed focused on these issues. So, I'm hoping for insights from people who understand all this stuff