View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 10:01 AM

Another Vote for automount and unmount

I'm cloning my main drive to a local drive daily because it's simply very fast. Strange how network volumes are easier to mount than a local. Please add a local drive mounting feature, or let me know how this can be done.

I even setup shell scripts to mount and unmount before and after, but that won't work because SuperDuper won't run them if the volume is unavailable.

For anyone interested, these are the shell scripts to mount and unmount respectively (.sh may be necessary for naming, but not sure):
Code:
disktool -l | egrep -i "Mountpoint = '', fsType = 'hfs', volName = '.*Backup_G5_160" | cut -d\' -f2 | xargs -n1 disktool -m

disktool -l | egrep -i "Mountpoint = '/Volumes/.*Backup_G5_160" | cut -d\' -f2 | xargs -n1 disktool -p
Suggestions?

BTW: The unmount script works when completed if it's already mounted.
Solution: Can the SuperDuper man allow the shell script to run before the backup process looks for the volume? That's it. Better yet, in the future, simply have SuperDuper fire off these scripts behind the scenes!

Last edited by macmeister; 11-02-2006 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Just ran the script after mounting manually and added the BTW