Thread: Bugs in leopard
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 06:59 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
After reading some posts on this Forum and other Mac related Forums it seems there is a lot of dissatisfaction with Apples latest iteration of its operating system Leopard.
If you really believe that that then go out and buy a PC with vista on it, and before the day is over you'll be back begging to use OS X again We visit nearly every Mac forum there is, and from what we've seen the problem isn't 10.5 per se, but the programs that run on it. For example, both iTunes and Mail have some serious bugs, but I know that in time Apple WILL address them. What is happening here is not new. Most everyone went through this same song and dance when Tiger first came out too, and look at Tiger now, it's probably the best OS on the planet! I am confident that 10.5 will follow in its footsteps. In fact we're on our way now to pick up a clients vista computer that is riddled with problems, and it is only a few months old. The owner has yet to ever really use it, because they keep getting the famous MS blue screen of death. They returned the first one (which was doing the same thing). They are very close to just returning it and buying a Mac, but I suggested that they wait until we first see what new Macs are coming out next month. Apple is at least putting out updates. MS won't be doing that for vista until July at best, so before you start complaining you might want to look at the big picture. We know plenty of people that are using 10.5 and haven't had ANY problems what-so-ever. You just don't hear from them because only complainers complain. Keep in mind that Apple only puts out but so many 'updates' a year. They have to pace themselves and cover as many issues as they can with as few updates as possible. I'm confident that within the next two or three updates that Apple will address most of the current problems with 10.5. These things cannot, and should not, be rushed. They're not throwing darts at a wall, they're gathering data, diagnosing it, and working out the best way to approach the situation. All new OS's have issues. It comes with the territory. Apple has a good track record of addressing these issues in a timely manner. We've seen nothing that indicates that they'll treat 10.5 any differently...