View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 06:50 PM

Hrm... the reason I got this software was to make it simple to run backups, and this is getting rather more complex.

Is it a very difficult thing to allow SuperDuper to wake the system from sleep to run a scheduled backup?

Honestly, the way I think about backing up a system is that since you really can't *use* a system while its being backed up (e.g. there's no way in hell I'm running Aperture or developing websites while I'm backing up), backup is something done during system "downtime"... which, in the case of my laptop, is only when I'm sleeping. And of course, when the system is done backing up, I'd like IT to sleep too. So I'm fine with a minute or less of prep, you know, plug in the firewire drive, deliberately unmount it, run SD!, hit *go*, close lid. That would be ideal. Since the ideal is impossible, are there ways you could make it closer to ideal than requiring me to schedule two separate things every time I want to back my system up?

I'd love to see SuperDuper get even better, that's why I brought this up at all!