View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 05:18 PM

If SD works with Leopard now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
We're working on it -- testing and tweaking. We want it to be right, so we can't rush it out the door...
Hi Dave,

Here's what I have done. I partitioned my internal Hard Drive into 2, one for 10.4.10 and one for 10.5. I have backed up my 10.4.10 partition to one of 3 partitions on my external drive. The three are for, one 10.4.10, one for 10.5 (I'm backing that up as I write this from my MacBook) and one for the MacBook itself. The 1st time I backed up Leopard it (erase and copy) it got 3/4s of the way through and SD crashed. So trying again. Will report back if this backup goes OK. There is an option to back up ACS files when Leopard is running SD. What are those?

Just upgrading to Leopard was a nightmare and, as I now know, not the way to go. I backed up 10.4.10 to one partition after erasing it and now Leopard seems to have calmed down a bit after doing a clean install, with only a few sporadic crashes.

Booting Leopard from a SD bootable copy via USB (yeah I have another external drive) doesn't work.

Update. SD just crashed at about the same time as before. I'll try doing an SD copy of Leopard to my Leopard backup partition while running 10.4.10 and let you know how that goes.

Can't wait for SD Leopard. Keep us posted.

Regards,

Carter