View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 08:35 PM

Thanks for all of your help. This is a bit off topic (well, off SD but not off what I'm doing that caused me to run into the volume rename issue), so please feel free to not respond...

In rebuilding my system, I have Volume 1 (existing) and Volume 2 (the rebuild), on separate drives. I've created a username on Volume 2 that is the same as a username on Vol. 1. I'm trying to move doc files/folders from Vol 1 to Vol 2.

I'm running into permissions issues. If I'm booted on Vol 1 I can drag files/folders into the Shared folder on either Vol 1 or Vol 2, and then after booting into Vol 2, I can drag them out of either Shared folder to Vol 2. But the permissions are wrong. (I'm using the Shared folder because I don't have the permissions if I'm booted on one volume to directly drag/drop files/folders from the other volume)

Is there a straightforward way of getting document files/folders from one Leopard boot volume to another in such a way as not to run into permissions issues? I haven't had much luck finding info about this on the web...

Thanks again for your ongoing help.