View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 05:30 AM

We have. The problem we have as an organization with FileVault2 (which would be fine for us if they had the following feature) is that there is no central way to enforce a policy to have the internal drive encrypted. There are also no reports that we can run for auditors to show that all internal disks for all our staff have whole disk encryption on them. PGP offers that. FileVault2 will eventually get there. Google has a project called Cauliflowervest (http://code.google.com/p/cauliflowervest/) which looks promising. But until there is an enterprise grade solution with support to back it, it is unlikely that my company will move to something like that.

...and until then, we are in need of a way to clone our internal drives to an external encrypted disk.

At this point, I'm really not sure what the problem is either.

- Did Apple changed in the hardware (EFI-related, SMC version, etc..)?
- Did Apple change something inside the OS that happens to be looking at locations where PGP has adjusted things?
- Did PGP change something?

I never get anywhere with Apple support, so that is moot. I have an issue opened already with PGP on this. And now I'm also trying to work the support realm at shirtpocket through this forum post.

Will ShirtPocket be planning on helping to resolve this? Is there any other data that I can provide to you to help us figure this thing out?

Thanks,
Joe