View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 09:42 AM

Still not clear...

I've been checking through the threads trying to find the solution to a very similar problem, but I'm not clear on the solution. Here's an excerpt from my log file:

|02:38:41 AM|Info| WARNING: Caught I/O exception(2): No such file or directory
|02:38:41 AM|Info| WARNING: Source: /Applications/2005 World Book Reference Suite/World Book.app/Contents/Frameworks/SMKAppKit.framework/Versions/A/SMKAppKit, lstat(): 0
|02:38:41 AM|Info| WARNING: Target: /tmp/SVUmount/Applications/2005 World Book Reference Suite/World Book.app/Contents/Frameworks/SMKAppKit.framework/Versions/A/SMKAppKit, lstat(): -1
|02:38:41 AM|Info| WARNING: Could not copy file with Cocoa frameworks. Attempting to copy with ditto.
|02:38:41 AM|Info| WARNING: Source: /Applications/2005 World Book Reference Suite/World Book.app/Contents/Frameworks/SMKAppKit.framework/Versions/Current, lstat(): 0
|02:38:41 AM|Info| WARNING: Target: /tmp/SVUmount/Applications/2005 World Book Reference Suite/World Book.app/Contents/Frameworks/SMKAppKit.framework/Versions/Current, lstat(): -1
|02:38:41 AM|Info| WARNING: Could not copy file with Cocoa frameworks. Attempting to copy with ditto.
|02:38:41 AM|Info| WARNING: Source: /Applications/2005 World Book Reference Suite/World Book.app/Contents/Frameworks/SMKAppKit.framework/Resources, lstat(): 0
|02:38:41 AM|Info| WARNING: Target: /tmp/SVUmount/Applications/2005 World Book Reference Suite/World Book.app/Contents/Frameworks/SMKAppKit.framework/Resources, lstat(): -1
|02:38:41 AM|Info| WARNING: Source: /Applications/2005 World Book Reference Suite/World Book.app/Contents/Frameworks/SMKAppKit.framework/SMKAppKit, lstat(): 0
|02:38:41 AM|Info| WARNING: Target: /tmp/SVUmount/Applications/2005 World Book Reference Suite/World Book.app/Contents/Frameworks/SMKAppKit.framework/SMKAppKit, lstat(): -1
|02:38:41 AM|Info| WARNING: Source: /Applications/2005 World Book Reference Suite/World Book.app/Contents/Frameworks/SMKAppKit.framework/SMKAppKit.framework, lstat(): 0
|02:38:41 AM|Info| WARNING: Target: /tmp/SVUmount/Applications/2005 World Book Reference Suite/World Book.app/Contents/Frameworks/SMKAppKit.framework/SMKAppKit.framework, lstat(): -1
|02:38:41 AM|Error| ditto: can't get real path for source

Eventually, it just shuts down the backup. As I'm reading this thread, it seems like I would need to just trash the 2005 World Book Reference Suite completely? Is that correct? If so, could I reinstall it from the original computer disks and still be able to use the program? I don't want to remove it completely from my computer just for the sake of getting an effective backup.

In case it's helpful info, I'm working with an iBook G4 running the latest version of Tiger (10.4.2?) and using a backpack 80GB USB external hard drive, which is what I'm trying to back the hard drive up to. I'm really new to this stuff -- the whole disk image concept is kind of confusing me, too!

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.