View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 10:25 PM

No, nothing was done on the new server. When I do check the size on the new drive (as it's still being copied to), it's about the size that the total should be (350GB). So it's just replacing all of the files that I just wrote to it on the first run.

- What happens in this case if I stop the process (it's still going to be another 3 hours or so)?

- Is this because it's the first time running Smart Update (previously had done a 'Erase and Copy')?

- On the initial restore, I was watching the progress and noticed that it appeared that some files weren't copied over. It said something like '127,9xx files evaluated, 127,600 files copied'. So there was about a 300 file discrepancy. Any thoughts?

- When doing this long restore (and the initial), it says the effective copy speed is about 24MB/s. Is this about right for an external SATA drive copying to a new RAID 1 array using eSATA? Would doing this by command line (like ditto) be quicker?

Thanks. 4 hours to 'synchronize' about 350GB worth of files is just too much to be practical in the long run.