View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 06:15 PM

So, maybe Jeffus is talking about Safari remembering his login info, not the website remembering that he was logged in. Safari also does not remember my login info, but I am OK with "leaving myself logged in" (and looking up by password in my manual (non-Safari, non-Keychain) password store when I need it).

The lack of Safari remembering the login info may be due to the non-standard field names for the login fields. Or it may be due to the password hashing that is presumably done to avoid sending the password in the clear. (Although, according to my cursory inspection, it looks like it may still be vulnerable to replay attacks. It is better than sending it in the clear, but it is not "super secure".)

There are other auto-complete solutions out there. Maybe something like 1Passwd could remember the login info for the forum. I have never used 1Passwd, it is just something I ran across the other day. There are probably other programs like it.

Last edited by chris_johnsen; 12-09-2007 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Disclaim prior usage of 1Passwd.