View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 10:58 AM

Thumbs up

OK Dave - I am now in - Great!

Not quite sure why I was having the issues I was having before but this time after another fresh restore from the same backup it worked.
The changes I made were to ensure I was logged in as the same domain user (mobile mac account) on my mac for the restore as I was when I made the backup. I also renamed the image and drive to Macintosh HD. Not sure which one solved the problem but either way it worked for me and hope the information might be of use to you somehow.

Still had the crazy missing characters though (weird) see attached screenshot and compare desktop icons both on the desktop and in Finder (weird). Anyhow a reboot was all that was required to get rid of that - any better ideas as to why that might have happened?

So any potential users out there still doubting whether this SuperDuper product works over a network like I was - doubt no more. I've had to test this before putting it into production and it does what it says it does (just be careful if you have more complex network setups as part of a Windows domain with differing access rights).

Right I need to go now and purchase my copy so I can see how the smart update will work for me. One question - because I run virtual machines on my mac which are approximately 13GB each does this mean that when a backup update is made all 13GB of this file would need to be transferred across the network (even though only a few chages may have been made within the virtual OS itself)?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (64.2 KB, 2193 views)