View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 10:07 AM

Coming from Mojave

Hi Dave,

After reading your latest blog post a few times, I'd be grateful if you could confirm my understanding regarding this sentence:
Select the "Data" volume in the source pop-up, and a **new** APFS backup volume in the destination pop-up, along with "Backup - all files" (or whatever script you want). If you already have a backup volume, you can use Disk Utility to select and delete just the backup System volume, rather than create a new one. After doing this, rename the Data volume to something sensible (remove "- Data"). Note that you may need to repair it with Disk First Aid before it will show up in SuperDuper

I just switched from Mojave to Big Sur today (I skipped Catalina). My backup disks have so far only been used with SuperDuper 3.3.1 on Mojave. They are Mojave APFS FileVault2 encrypted.

==> Am I correct that I can directly now use SuperDuper 3.2.5 on Big Sur with my backup disk, without the need to delete my current encrypted volume and create a new one? (meaning that this need for a new APFS volume is only if a previous backup was done on Big Sur with SuperDuper 3.3.1) ?

==> Also, can you confirm that I can have SuperDuper 3.3.1 and 3.2.5 both installed in my Applications folder, and run the 3.2.5 version without the need to delete 3.3.1?

Thanks for your advice.

Hoping Apple solves its bugs and helps you provide again the capabilities we used to have.

Kind Regards