View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 10:13 AM

Error Killing Backups

Hi all,

First, a thank you for SuperDuper. I enjoy it's simplicity, and the way you always tell me what's going to happen next. I've been using it every day for some time, and love it.

Having a bit of a problem now, thus my visit.

All my backups are now dying due to errors like this:

Quote:
Backups/Users/email/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/rukok4xq.default/bookmarkbackups/bookmarks-2012-01-19.json of type 8 due to error 1
| 08:06:10 PM | Error | SDCopy: Error copying /Users/email/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/rukok4xq.default/bookmarkbackups/bookmarks-2012-01-19.json to /Volumes/Business Backups/Users/email/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/rukok4xq.default/bookmarkbackups/bookmarks-2012-01-19.json of type 8 due to error 1
This is just the latest one.

I began to see this error "type 8 due to error 1" and it seemed to be large files that were the problem. I didn't really need the files so I dumped them.

After I dumped each file, SuperDuper would then complain about a different file. So I'd dump that file, and try again.

After repeating this pattern many times, I realize I need help. Some larger issue must be involved.

I'm on a G5 (pre-intel) Mac running OSX 10.4.11

SuperDuper version 2.6.2

Thanks for any advice you can share!