View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 10:12 AM

I don't know the detail of what happens, my daily backup runs at 7:00 AM and I do not witness it.

But the backup drive(s) have not generally given problems inbetween system software updates, and the correlation between the updates and this problem is strong enough that I recall thinking yesterday: "I wonder if the upgrade to 10.6.7 will result in SD! backing up to an 'ordinary' folder in '/Volumes/' tomorrow morning".

I was not at all surprised to see that that did indeed happen, and my solution -- of recreating the schedule -- fixed it as it has after previous incremental system updates.

My backup scheme is a single startup drive in my MacPro that backs up by schedule to daily, weekly and monthly internal disks, not normally mounted. On previous system upgrades, I have recreated only the daily schedule, only to find that the next weekly or monthly upgrade fails the same way, and then I have to recreate that schedule. I am not sure how likely it is that these relatively unused drives are all failing at the same time.