View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 11:50 AM

Hey Dave,
I have been somewhat successful! I was able to create a bootable copy of my boot drive on the firewire drive, then I moved the folders (documents, itunes, etc) back to their proper locations with Finder (and deleted the aliases to the other volumes). I had a few broken links to some Classic apps but that was easy to fix. All of the iApps work fine and seem to be accessing all the proper files. Hooray!

The only problem I seem to have is most (all the ones I have tried, anyway) of my Word files (which were down in the Documents folder, aliased from a separate partition on my old set up) will only open read only. Their permissions say owner "unknown" and that my access is read only. I repaired permissions every step of the way during this process and repairing them again now is no help. Also Word says it is "unable to load Microsoft Frameworks Library." The "Microsoft Frameworks" file is in the same location on old and new drives and the permissions are the same.
If I boot from the original internal drive, all is fine. Any idea on what caused this and any possible fix?

Thanks so much!