View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
Hi, Jeff --

At present, there's no real workaround for the Fast User Switching issue. I designed netTunes before FUS was available, and getting it to work in this kind of situation is quite difficult: I'd have to switch it so that it's at the front when accessed, and it'd have to stay that way. There are basically so many limitations involved that it seemed best to let Apple fix the problems with FUS (the documented calls I use to get the image for the application don't properly handle FUS offscreen windows), rather than to try to put in kludgy workarounds for the behavior...

Regarding sluggishness -- there are some settings in Preferences that let you adjust the quality of the display, which might make a difference. A smaller iTunes window is also faster to send across the wire than a larger one. But -- it's hard to know what you're calling "sluggish" -- it's definitely going to be slower than running locally, as there's a lot of stuff going on...

It's hard to say when the next version is coming -- there are a few things planned, but netTunes is relatively mature... but it'll be a free update when it does get released, so don't hold back for that reason!

Last edited by dnanian; 01-24-2005 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Fixed typo