View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
Thanks for the follow-up, Jeff. There are a lot of different ways to expose the scripting functionality, and -- with your feedback and others -- I hope to come up with something good, once it gets higher priority.

Understood about the other points. Our focus is really to get the user up and running again as quickly as possible. Breaking out (and finding) all the various install CDs/DVDs and running through that process again, to save a few gigabytes, just doesn't seem to be the way to go to me. With a full backup, you just boot right up from the copy and everything -- Garage Band, Developer stuff, DVD Studio, the works -- all work. And, on top of that, they're not partially installed/mismatched based on system updates and the like, where changes can be made.

Which isn't to say you shouldn't do it. Just that I try to present what I consider to be "best practices" in the 'Guide and UI, and given the cost of time vs. material, hassle and expertise, it seemed best to encourage people to back up everything.

Thanks again!