View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 01:44 PM

Hi, I'd also like to duplicate of my AIBook's HD to an external FW 40G Harddrive. The problem is that I have about 50G of data on the AIBook and only a 40G drive to backup to.

So, I'd like copy everything EXCEPT one particular folder of DVDs which is very large. I figured this thread was pretty on-point, but I do have some follow up questions...

You stated above:
"- In the 2nd tab, include the 'base' script you're going to extend -- such as "Backup - all files" "
However, I noticed that when I look in the 'standard script' to 'Backup - all files' this base script is not listed there. What gives? Do I really need to include this when making my custom script?

Second, the scripts "Exclude system temporary files" AND "Exclude Norton FileSaver Files" ARE listed in the 'standard script' to backup all files. Do you recommend that I manually add these to my Custom Script?

Next, in the third tab of the 'standard script' to 'Backup - all files" I also noticed that it says to ignore:
private/var/db/Bootcache.playlist; and
private/var/db/volinfo.database
Do you also recommend that I manually include these (in addition to the particular DVD folder that I plan on 'ignoring' so that my external drive can handle the backup)?

Thanks in advance!

Oh yeah, in my particular situation (where I have to be able to exclude some items in order to backup b/c the target drive is smaller than main drive, I have to pay to play, right?