View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 10:04 PM

Time Machine stopped working - SuperDuper involved?

Hi,

Yesterday I moved my Time Machine backups to a new 750GB drive using SuperDuper! Time Machine worked fine after pointing it to the new location and I'm able to go back through the entire history etc.

Last night I set SuperDuper! to do a clone of my boot drive onto the 750GB drive now being used for Time Machine, ie the using the Smart Update feature that leaves the backup directory intact.

This morning I tested booting from the clone and it was fine. However, after switching back to my normal boot drive, Time Machine has stopped working and just gives the error message "Unable to complete backup. An error occurred while copying files to the backup volume."

I don't know if SuperDuper is involved or not but it has obviously had quite a bit to do with this particularly hard drive

Any suggestions? I can't find anywhere where Time Machine might be logging things in more detail?

Regards,

Adrian

Hardware details:-
MacBook Pro, 160GB internal drive
Mac OS X 10.5.2
750GB external PATA drive in WiebeTech case connected via FireWire
External drive is formatted with Apple Partition Map (ie not GUID which is optimal for intel-macs) - could this be involved? The clone booted OK...