View Single Post
Old 08-13-2006, 11:03 AM

Epson Printer Drivers problems

Here's my situation. I travel between 2 houses, and have a G5 iMac at both places. So, before I leave one house (either one) I back up to a LaCie Firewire drive and pack it up to bring "home". When I get there, I use the LaCie to bring that HD up to date when I return. In essence, I have 3 hard drives which I keep identical via SuperDuper.

This works well, and once I bring a HD up-to-date I can use it normally, knowing that my email, checkbooks and bookmarks will be saved to update the "other" iMac.

But here's my problem -- at house 1 I have a HP laser printer and an Epson CX4600 printer. At house 2, I have an Epson C64 printer. The Epson drivers seem to vanish when I go from house to house and I end up having to reinstall the drivers, because they "can't be found." No problem with the HP, though.

This seems to be some issue with SuperDuper, but I can't figure it out.

It's a nuisance for sure, and takes a while to reinstall the drivers! Any suggestions?

Epson says just go to Printer Setup Utility (which I have done, of course) and "ADD" but I just get a message that there's no driver.