Thread: Can I do this?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
You could copy them to an image stored on your drive, sure... but what does "act up" mean? A big move like this shouldn't be done without knowing it's going to make a difference...
It's freezing while she's playing a favorite game of very recent vintage, when Eudora goes to check mail. Well, not freezing, the spinning pizza appears, eventually truns into an arrow, but doesn't function. I told her to quit Eudora before she plays her new Majonng game, but that's not right. It's also very, very slow to boot, but if I boot it from the LaCie backup drive (the G5 iMac's clone), it's nice and speedy. I suspect it's a problem with 10.2.8, which I have reinstalled and brought up to date.

I wasn't planning to make an image -- I was going to boot from the external and do an erase and copy. Mind you, except to save her Eudora stuff, most everything else can vanish. The Mac isn't used for much else than email and games, or if I want to run a program in Classic (which I haven't installed on my iMac, but could). The erase and copy would also update her Mac to 10.3.9, too.

I plan to upgrade all 3 of my Macs when 10.5 comes out.

I wanted to buy a new Mac Mini for myself, and give her the iMac, but she doesn't want to part with the 17" studio display!