Shirt Pocket Discussions

Shirt Pocket Discussions (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Snow Leopard (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5379)

RichardI 06-23-2009 02:49 PM

Snow Leopard

Hi gang!
When Snow Leopard is released, will I need a new version of Superduper!? If so, will it be free or a full upgrade?
Thanks,

Rich :cool:

dnanian 06-23-2009 03:22 PM

We'll do what we need to do to ensure compatibility with Snow Leopard, and there won't be any charge for the update.

RichardI 06-23-2009 03:35 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply.

Rich :cool:

rlfsoso 06-26-2009 08:02 AM

Hi Dave,
do you happen to be able to tell us of it is going to be as difficult with Snow Leopard as it was with the transition to Leopard? Obviously currently there is no release version of Snow Leopard around but us anxious danger-loving early adopter (yes yes yes) want to play it safe at the same time (SuuuperDuuper)… So do you know of any change withing Snow Leopard which will make it difficult for SD and even more difficult for you to get it working?

regards,
Rolf

dnanian 06-26-2009 08:06 AM

I don't anticipate that level of difficulty, and hope that Apple will provide developers with the actual release version before making it public so we can do our final testing before release. We'll see.

rwross 07-10-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnanian (Post 25379)
I don't anticipate that level of difficulty, and hope that Apple will provide developers with the actual release version before making it public so we can do our final testing before release. We'll see.

I'm a bit confused by this.

The two applications on which I most rely are SuperDuper and 1Password. The 1P guys have talked about testing with SL and have even mentioned that they might only support that version of the OS going forward.

I don't bring that up to say you should do anywhere close to the same thing, but I wonder if some developers get access to the developer seeds and others don't?? Since SD is used by so many folks and is, IMO, considered the gold standard for commercial cloning/backup software, I would think that Apple should provide you with the Seeds you need to ensure that SD works on day 1....or if not...to at least be able to advise customers whether there will be problems.

Assuming you do have access to the SL Seeds, I can certainly see that if it's currently working some future seed my break something, but if it's currently not working, it seems unlikely that it will start.

Anyway, not trying to be critical, just trying to to plan for my migration to SL.

Any info you can provide would be super-duper (pun intended).

take care,
rwr

dnanian 07-10-2009 01:31 PM

A developer seed is not the same as the actual release version, and we need to do our testing with the same version of the OS that our users will receive.