Shirt Pocket Discussions

Shirt Pocket Discussions (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   SuperDuper Tuesday (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3520)

edesignuk 02-06-2008 04:13 AM

Just wanted to give a quick thanks for all the hard work in getting this up and running with Leopard, it has been missed.

Screw Time Machine, SuperDuper is where it's at! :D

Herbert Schulz 02-06-2008 08:35 AM

Howdy,

Thanks for all of your effort to get it right.

I was temporarily using CCC in erase and clone mode (takes ~1.5hr for my data) so I has some disaster recovery until this version of SD came out. I had problems with doing the (Not Very) Smart Backup with CCC but Now that SD 2.5 is here life is back to normal.

Now, when DW 4.1 is delivered my disaster recovery and efficiency solution will be back and I'll be able to rest more comfortably. :D

Good Luck,
Herb Schulz

stokessd 02-06-2008 10:33 AM

Thanks a bunch. I started a new backup image for my laptop (I was using CCC) and in 5 hours it backed up my 180 gig of stuff on my laptop. Thanks a bunch! Tonight it's my wife's 80 gig of stuff.

Sheldon

Jeffus 02-06-2008 11:01 AM

Sd 2.5

Hi Dave, just downloaded and installed my copy of SuperDuper! 2.5. Haven't tried it yet but I just KNOW it's gonna work perfectly. After ALL your fabulous hard work it can't do anything else but. Thanks a million again Dave from all the people out here still using Tiger (no Time Machine) you didn't forget us. Thanks for making it work on both OS's. Your a great guy (your on my christmas card list). :p

Jeffus.

macFanDave 02-06-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anith (Post 17039)
As of 9:00 PST, Barack Obama just said "SuperDuper! Tuesday" on national televison. OK, maybe he wasn't quite referring to it in this manner, but I still laughed when I heard it after waiting for months.

My thought was that it was cool that Shirt Pocket somehow got Barack Obama to plug SuperDuper on the day the Leopard version came out.

I guess it's good that Obama is going with SD! because all of the Republicans want to pass a Constitutional amendment to ban Carbon Copy Cloner!

dnanian 02-06-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anith (Post 17039)
As of 9:00 PST, Barack Obama just said "SuperDuper! Tuesday" on national televison.

I figure every time this happens, it's free marketing! W00t! :cool:

mac-10 02-06-2008 12:50 PM

Yeah, after downloading my new SD!, I had to get in my Jeep and race to the train station. The news announcer said "... and today, on this Super, Duper, Tuesday..." and I laughed the rest of the way to the train!

I think, in many years of Super Tuesdays, this is the first one to actually make me think "everything's gonna be OK..."

I was able to do a lot of systems tasks last night that I have been putting off until I had a backup saved off that I was confident in. Dave, that should give you an idea of how much I trust SD!...

mac-10